1:39 pm
oceanbunny
Senior Cat
Meows: 124
Snarking Since:
January 18, 2013

Respect privacy and lies OH MY said

snarkopottamus said
Also ….Dear God, SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP. 

Cecilyk
Working on a Sunday.., http://t.co/HQJ9h7FoPA
2/24/13 11:17 AM

http://instagram.com/p/WHyzzNJBCE/

Lots of people work on Sunday Cecily, and will continue to do so quietly and dutifully without broadcasting on every social media network that they are indeed "WORKING ON SUNDAY."

Police, fire, retail, nurses, restaurants workers, the Red Bull vendors, people making art supplies for overpriced/understocked private schools, aides at your mother's rehab…would you like me to go on? 

You're doing what hard working people have done for thousands of years, stop acting like you're a pioneer. Now when you cure cancer or find some way to make yourself tolerable, then I'll be impressed. 

Maybe, just maybe if she stayed off twitter just a little bit, she would have more time for work during her 9 to 5 job, you know the one where she tweets all the livelong day, Monday through Friday.

Would Disney hurry up and send that woman on a cruise! LOL

LOL…yes, she is working on Sunday, give the woman a metal.

February 24, 2013
2:01 pm
Elegant Baby Turtle
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1595
Snarking Since:
June 26, 2012

I'm going to join Twitter so I can take pictures and tweet about whatever I am doing that day.

Snarking on a Sunday.

Sigma Nu is not going to want to hang out with us if we fucking suck.
February 24, 2013
2:04 pm
Jingles the Ferret
Senior Cat
Meows: 452
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

ratherbeinmelbourne said 
But no, the word artiste does not know the difference between "mantle" and "mantel," nor "poured" and "pored."

Actually "mantle" is OK for a fireplace shelf though I prefer "mantel."

February 24, 2013
2:35 pm
Rough Puff Pastry
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1541
Snarking Since:
April 13, 2012

I'm a freelancer and sure, I work on Sundays, because then, I can take a day off whenever I want. But, the more I work, the more I earn, and that's my choice. CK acts like she's chained to her keyboard.

February 24, 2013
3:40 pm
snarkopottamus
Cat
Meows: 41
Snarking Since:
February 23, 2013

Notice there are no tweets about her mother, at all? Nothing about how/if she's settling in, how she's doing, they visited, nothing. 

It's like they just dropped her off and forgot about her….

Oh, yea. 

February 24, 2013
5:44 pm
greek yogurt
hubris and red bull
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1611
Snarking Since:
February 17, 2012

snarkopottamus said
Well, I'm a child of the south, so we were either spanked or sent to get a switch, which was just as bad as actually getting hit with it. Most everyone I know was spanked and we all managed to become productive citizens, get jobs and provide health insurance for our families while taking care of children/ailing parents/grandparents/anyone who needed us.

You're assuming I'm not from the South, I guess? But I am, and my grandmother did hit me with a switch. I still think spanking is wrong.

Anyway, Cecily thinks Twitter is work. eyeroll I don't think she can make the distinction between work and play anymore, and she certainly doesn't realize that most people who are hard at work don't have the time or desire to announce it to the Internet at large so they can get kudos from acquaintances and strangers.

February 24, 2013
8:04 pm
snarkopottamus
Cat
Meows: 41
Snarking Since:
February 23, 2013

Nope, I didn't assume, was just telling you my background.

And I agree, I think she believes what she's doing is work. The delusional can do that.

February 24, 2013
8:49 pm
Gloop
Senior Cat
Meows: 121
Snarking Since:
April 15, 2012

snarkopottamus said

BaSiC BiTcH said
Speaking of older stuff, I just watched this Youtube video where little Tori screams and then hits Cecily in the face several times while Cecily laughs and does almost nothing to stop or correct the behavior. omg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Sd2hp3lA4&list=UU-dN0uhqXblVib6WdAK4DSQ

If I ever hit an elder/parent in the face, even playing, I would have gotten a good swift spanking which would be the least of what I needed doing that in the first place. 

I'm sure Tori is encouraged to tell other adults to "shut up" if she feels like her creativity is being stifled. 

This video sends me into orbit for a lot of reasons. 

First of all that child is unhappy because little kids are unhappy when they are in charge. A few guidelines and she'd be not-miserable. Secondly hitting your mother? Da-fuq? What mother lets that happen? Thirdly, "demonic posession"? Well, I guess if your mom name calls you it makes sense for you to hit her. 

I feel so badly for that child I almost can't find the words for it. 

February 24, 2013
9:12 pm
Always Hungry
LOLCat
Meows: 52
Snarking Since:
February 19, 2013

she is live tweeting the oscars right now and saying some of the stupidest things EVER.

February 24, 2013
9:24 pm
greek yogurt
hubris and red bull
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1611
Snarking Since:
February 17, 2012

SwimmingWithSharks said This video sends me into orbit for a lot of reasons. First of all that child is unhappy because little kids are unhappy when they are in charge. A few guidelines and she'd be not-miserable. Secondly hitting your mother? Da-fuq? What mother lets that happen? Thirdly, "demonic posession"? Well, I guess if your mom name calls you it makes sense for you to hit her. I feel so badly for that child I almost can't find the words for it. 

Yeah, also, why is C setting herself up for failure? Who puts a cranky toddler in front of a computer, tells the toddler not to touch anything, and then waits for a meltdown? It's not cute. It's not funny. It's just stupid.

Even worse, it seems like C is afraid of her own kid, which is such a dangerous, dysfunctional, and damaging dynamic. C seems to believe that boundaries and limits are bad when they're actually reassuring and necessary, and she doesn't understand that a lot of inner turmoil comes from being a child who has no idea how to behave or navigate the world.

Of course it might appear that I'm unfairly judging C based on one five-year-old video, but it wasn't a one-off lapse in judgment. C&C make poor parenting decision after poor parenting decision (e.g., enrolling T in the non-school while O'Poet [ha] gushes over her inability to focus or follow directions, encouraging T to jump off the stairs onto the couch, being appalled that Grandma disciplined or expected anything of T and subsequently blaming T for Grandma's move to a senior living facility, proudly sharing that T loves Mortal Kombat and threatened to hit her dad in the face after playing a few games, etc.).

WTF, man. Just WTF.

February 24, 2013
10:10 pm
Mae Mobley
Senior Cat
Meows: 125
Snarking Since:
November 3, 2012

winothepooh said

Okay, hams, fess up.  Who is Becky?  Because I like her. celebrate

Becky's been deleted. That was quick. Cecily's deleting any comment that forces her to face the truth is passive-aggressive and lame.

February 24, 2013
10:25 pm
Suffering From Advanced Virginity
Senior Cat
Meows: 391
Snarking Since:
August 11, 2012

That video, and all of Cecilys behavior that she's shown since then, makes me feel like she is stuck between the fetishization of mommyhood, where your child is the greatest gift you'll ever have and you must fill their childhood with fairy magic, and the dooce model of motherhood, where your kid is your punch line. The reality appears to be "Tori has behavioral problems, her parents won't set boundaries, and encourage her bad behavior" but Cecily dips in to those other two narratives to justify ignoring those hard truths. They let her jump on the bed and send her to this unschooled school to make her child magical and safe and encourage her sensitive spirit! Look at how funny it is she jumps on the bed and hits mom like a bad kid, HAHA kids right they're the worst! But mixing and matching not only makes the "brand" inconsistent, which pretty much doesn't matter Bc Cecily doesn't exactly have a really attractive "brand", but also it makes the truth really apparent

February 24, 2013
10:27 pm
Respect privacy and lies OH MY
CH
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 8814
Snarking Since:
April 11, 2012

Always Hungry said
she is live tweeting the oscars right now and saying some of the stupidest things EVER.

Can Seth claim he's being bullied?  Can the Oscars?

Bloggers SAY they want respect and privacy BUT all they do is lie.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or Get Off My Internets. Get Off My Internets makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Click here for GOMI's Comment Policy.