Kickin' butt at sucking at everything - New HTP Thread
March 6, 2013
10:45 am
BooYouWhore
Senior Cat
Meows: 332
Snarking Since:
October 30, 2012

Oh gosh, I skimmed that top 10 post and didn't even recognize Kerf! Ouch. 

March 6, 2013
10:51 am
FlounceCat

Oh my god, she doesn't even have the people who hire her to speak pay for her hotel, car and food. That's insane!

She was saying how she wished she'd sprung for a more sturdy car, and someone asked if the organizations pay for her expenses:

Caitlin March 6, 2013 at 10:27 am

Naw, I get a flat rate and cover my own expenses.

How sad. I have a friend who is a professional speaker and her hotels and cars are always covered in addition to her speaking fee. No wonder HTP is eating bananas and peanut butter sandwiches.

March 6, 2013
11:06 am
Kerfeltoe
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2581
Snarking Since:
November 21, 2011

Well the snake oil clinic must be really busy if The British can just "move around" a whole week's+ worth of appointments.

March 6, 2013
11:25 am
ayjee
Senior Cat
Meows: 135
Snarking Since:
January 10, 2012

KAS said

SoButteryGood said
Her latest post could have been called "Ten Blog Posts That Equal Reasons Why SoButteryGood Hates HTP" and it would have basically been the same post.  Personally, I would have titled it "4,284 Blog Posts That Equal Reasons Why SoButteryGood Hates HTP" but that is just me.

Or, "Ten Reasons Why I Think I'm Awesome!"  I own a business!  My husband's a doctor!  I had a natural* childbirth!  I'm a motherrunner!

*except for the interventions I don't count since *I* really needed them

Seriously, how braggy can she get?

Also known as how I squeezed a human being out of my vagina without an epidural.  Awesome.

Want a gold sticker for that one, Caitlin? I'm sure Henry will be forever grateful that you 'squeezed him out' med-free. Perhaps he can even forgive you for half-assing so many things after that.

ETA: Feeling a bit down and probably over-reacting… but yeah, she's ridiculous.

March 6, 2013
11:29 am
pegatha
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 938
Snarking Since:
November 7, 2012

On facebook this morning:

Any post requests? This lady has seeeeerious writer's block!

Yeah, we've noticed.

March 6, 2013
11:36 am
irunsomeultras

ayjee said

KAS said

SoButteryGood said
Her latest post could have been called "Ten Blog Posts That Equal Reasons Why SoButteryGood Hates HTP" and it would have basically been the same post.  Personally, I would have titled it "4,284 Blog Posts That Equal Reasons Why SoButteryGood Hates HTP" but that is just me.

Or, "Ten Reasons Why I Think I'm Awesome!"  I own a business!  My husband's a doctor!  I had a natural* childbirth!  I'm a motherrunner!

Also known as how I squeezed a human being out of my vagina without an epidural.  Awesome.

Want a gold sticker for that one, Caitlin? I'm sure Henry will be forever grateful that you 'squeezed him out' med-free. Perhaps he can even forgive you for half-assing so many things after that.

Oh Jesus H. Christ, I'm sick of martyrmothers that brag about not using epidurals or birthing in a pool of piss unsupervised or whatever other new age jumbo is the rage. Whatever you do is your own choice, it's your own body. I will lean toward the "better living through pharmaceuticals route" and hit me up with that ole epidural (and unfortunate catheter), assuming I don't have to be knocked out for a c-section. Modern medicine, fuck yeah!

March 6, 2013
11:38 am
snarkattack
LOLCat
Meows: 95
Snarking Since:
September 27, 2011

Yeah, I eat those pureed pouches too, don't see the big deal.  I mostly eat them before running or riding because I don't want a meal sitting on my stomach, and it's just an easy way to get some calories in – as someone else mentioned, like applesauce. Agree that it's weird if she was taking it home for Henry.

March 6, 2013
11:44 am
KAS
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 5643
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

pegatha said
On facebook this morning:

Any post requests? This lady has seeeeerious writer's block!

Yeah, we've noticed.

How about writing about all the shit we can tell you're hiding from us- like your financial struggles?

March 6, 2013
11:47 am
iknew
Senior Cat
Meows: 183
Snarking Since:
April 3, 2012

BaconRunner said

ayjee said

KAS said

SoButteryGood said

Oh Jesus H. Christ, I'm sick of martyrmothers that brag about not using epidurals or birthing in a pool of piss unsupervised or whatever other new age jumbo is the rage. Whatever you do is your own choice, it's your own body. I will lean toward the "better living through pharmaceuticals route" and hit me up with that ole epidural (and unfortunate catheter), assuming I don't have to be knocked out for a c-section. Modern medicine, fuck yeah!

I'm so over using the word vagina. It's almost like she says it for shock value. Why not "out of my uterus" "through my pelvis" etc? I think she has been reading too many teenage chapter books as her vocab is really starting to reflect it. 

March 6, 2013
11:51 am
KH
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1604
Snarking Since:
November 12, 2011

ayjee said

KAS said

SoButteryGood said

ETA: Feeling a bit down and probably over-reacting… but yeah, she's ridiculous.

Right? I'm sure he'll care about how she was such a super mom and didn't take any drugs.

I had an epidural with my son, which probably makes me a bad parent in Caitlin's eyes. However, I don't feed him with my foot or treat him like a dog.

I can't believe she's still bringing up the actual birth nine months later. I gave birth a week and a half ago and didn't bring it up after the day that it happened, because IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW HE WAS BORN. The important thing is that he's here. HTP can't bear to not bring herself and her accomplishments up at every opportunity, though, and it's sad.

March 6, 2013
11:59 am
pumpkinspice
Senior Cat
Meows: 401
Snarking Since:
October 20, 2011

herpderpsnarf said
spicy yodel, where do you live? I saw you mention Sheetz and I was like NEIGHBOR.

WV and VA.  Live in WV, work in VA. 

Back to those fruit pouches - I hate hotel fruit, it is usually poor quality i.e overripe bananas, mealy apples, tasteless citrus.  I don't always have the ability to wash my hands so I like the pouches because I don't have to actually touch the food.  The pouches are easy to consume when I'm cruising down the road at 70 mph.  I basically live and work out of my car so I may have picked up certain habits/routines along the way which include consuming a handful of fruit pouches over the course of a year.  NBD, IMHO.  If you want to eat healthy on the road, sometimes you have to think outside the box so I don't think HTP's travel eats are too weird…well, except for eating peanut butter banana sandwiches for days on end.

March 6, 2013
12:13 pm
tornado
Senior Cat
Meows: 162
Snarking Since:
October 28, 2012

Argh, I swear, her constant bragging about her med-free birth gives similar moms a bad name. Guess what, Caitlin? I gave birth twice without an epidural. My mom did it three times. Beyond the day after the birth, it doesn't really need to be brought up randomly! (in contextual conversation, it's fine) Oh, and my mother and I both breastfed our children past eight months, and yet, we're not looking for applause at every turn.

Really, these are parenting choices that only the parents really care about. No one else. Stop bringing it up!

Also, I agree with throwing out "vagina" for shock value. Stop it! "How I gave birth without an epidural" is sufficient. But then,

eyeroll

March 6, 2013
12:37 pm
hipsdontlie
Senior Cat
Meows: 259
Snarking Since:
January 22, 2013

octobot said
Argh, I swear, her constant bragging about her med-free birth gives similar moms a bad name. Guess what, Caitlin? I gave birth twice without an epidural. My mom did it three times. Beyond the day after the birth, it doesn't really need to be brought up randomly! (in contextual conversation, it's fine) Oh, and my mother and I both breastfed our children past eight months, and yet, we're not looking for applause at every turn.

Really, these are parenting choices that only the parents really care about. No one else. Stop bringing it up!

Also, I agree with throwing out "vagina" for shock value. Stop it! "How I gave birth without an epidural" is sufficient. But then,

eyeroll

I completely agree, I gave birth to my kitten 6 months ago with no epidural and I cringe whenever Caitlin brings it up. embarassed Not all of us who had a med-free labor are like that, and I definitely didn't do it for a "medal" or bragging rights.  And when you constantly have to preface something with "this is what we did for us, everyone is different, yada yada yada" maybe you shouldn't be talking about it so much.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or Get Off My Internets. Get Off My Internets makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Click here for GOMI's Comment Policy.