Young House Love
December 8, 2011
10:12 pm
avatar
wutwatwut
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
December 5, 2011

Seriously love them. Love their ideas. I think they're great. Not annoying at all.

 

I really love that they're so frugal. Not flashy. You can tell that they've earned their own $$.

December 9, 2011
8:42 am
avatar
Shrug Bitch
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2873
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

I think they're the only blog I've seen here who is consistently the SOMI we can all agree on. The negative comments I've seen about them have either been that they're too perky or differences in opinion when it comes to their decorating choices.

But I'm still really excited to see their final kitchen reveal. How sad is it that I've been looking forward to it all week?

December 9, 2011
9:44 am
avatar
KAS
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 5742
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

They are such an inspiration to me.  My parents are totally not DIYers- they never got around to taking down the terrible brown & yellow wallpaper in the downstairs bathroom.  And that's easy!  These folks put a HOLE in the WALL of their kitchen!  And it's awesome.

December 9, 2011
5:24 pm
avatar
wutwatwut
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
December 5, 2011

Shrug Bitch said:

I think they're the only blog I've seen here who is consistently the SOMI we can all agree on. The negative comments I've seen about them have either been that they're too perky or differences in opinion when it comes to their decorating choices.

But I'm still really excited to see their final kitchen reveal. How sad is it that I've been looking forward to it all week?


YES. I can't wait for it, and I will definitely be buying their book when it comes out.

December 9, 2011
5:24 pm
avatar
wutwatwut
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
December 5, 2011

wutwatwut said:

Shrug Bitch said:

I think they're the only blog I've seen here who is consistently the SOMI we can all agree on. The negative comments I've seen about them have either been that they're too perky or differences in opinion when it comes to their decorating choices.

But I'm still really excited to see their final kitchen reveal. How sad is it that I've been looking forward to it all week?


YES. I can't wait for it, and I will definitely be buying their book when it comes out.
 


I love how they make art out of nothing.

December 9, 2011
5:35 pm
avatar
essential oil tampon
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1021
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

I love YHL! They really put a lot of effort into their blog and you can tell that they don't half-ass it, and they really appreciate their readers.

You can totally tell how much they love each other and their baby and their dog. Such a cute family, they can SOMI.

The only criticism I have for their blog is that their house has too much yellow/green (the yellow door is way too bright!! It would look so much better with a mustard yellow, but that's just personal preference) and sometimes their posts can be long-winded. But overall, I really enjoy their blog and it inspires me to find inexpensive ways to spruce up my own house.

December 10, 2011
9:21 pm
avatar
wutwatwut
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
December 5, 2011

The yellow door is probably the only thing I don't really like about their house. I love blues and greens. They're my favorite!

December 10, 2011
10:05 pm
avatar
KAS
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 5742
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

I'm not crazy about all the yellow, teal, and green, but I love YHL!  They're adorable.  And I just love Clara and Burger!  I have a chihuahua who kinda looks like Burger, even.

December 10, 2011
11:26 pm
avatar
Sausage Snappers
Senior Cat
Meows: 208
Snarking Since:
August 15, 2011

I've skipped over so many of the kitchen redo posts because 1) damn I'm jealous that I don't have that zeal and 2) soooo long-winded and too much quirk.  But otherwise, love them.

December 10, 2011
11:36 pm
avatar

Sausage Snappers said:

I've skipped over so many of the kitchen redo posts because 1) damn I'm jealous that I don't have that zeal and 2) soooo long-winded and too much quirk.  But otherwise, love them.


Yeah, I skim a lot of those. I just want to see the before/afters and not all the steps in between. Maybe if I was in the position to redo my kitchen, I'd be more interested in the step-by-step's but I'm more of an instant gratification kind of gal with my blog reading.


↑ Back to Top ↑

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or Get Off My Internets. Get Off My Internets makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Click here for GOMI's Comment Policy.