Hungry Runner Girl
August 15, 2013
10:55 am
SecretSnarker
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
April 9, 2012

notcreative said SecretSnarker said Has anyone else noticed that her cousin, who randomly came to visit CA for a week, also doesn't appear to be wearing her wedding ring anymore?  Wasn't she just married months ago, and every time they're in Utah, they go up to his work and eat, play, do all kinds of things that my work would never be fun enough to do?  Just a thought…or a stalk…since I also went on FB and confirmed that all her wedding pictures have been removed also.   Whhhaaattt???? I noticed that cousin was around a lot lately but I figured she was just being super supportive since she and Janae have always been so close.  Are you sure the pics are gone on FB or do you think she just made them private?? I don't even know what her name is. Holy crap, she JUST got married!!! If she were divorced too…yikes.   
Totally noticed this too! I always look at people's ring fingers, even in pictures, and she didn't seem to be wearing a ring in the San Fran pics. What is going on?!

My thoughts exactly! She was definitely married late last year. I even found the post where Janae showed her wedding dress, but now all her pictures seem to be public on facebook, but no sign of her ever being married.

August 15, 2013
11:19 am
Lane2664
Kitten
Snarking Since:
August 14, 2013

From the front page information on Janae's 'missing ring' – they dated it as last seen from July 29.

However through some sleuthing at pictures and post titles, I have found the remaining. (It has been apparently noted that she only took her ring off for swimming, not running previously. The 4th of July run indicates this statement as true. *She was wearing her ring)

This appears to outline ~5-6 wks where things started going south to ending. From my point of view – this is still a 'sudden' event.

June 11 – Furious. (Post Title)

June 13 – Family date night. Ring present. Mentions upcoming trip to SoCal to Billy's Family.

June 14 – You may have gone too far with this time (Post Title)

June ~17- 22nd – with Billy's Family. The posts during this time frame show both Ring & no Ring.

June 25 – Billy & Janae go out just the 2 of them. Right hand is covering up left ring finger area.

~ July 4th – Trip to Beach house. Billy isn't mentioned as being there at all. Ring is on finger during race.

July 5 – Janae's Mom arrives.

July 8 – Running – no ring

July 9 – no ring

July 10 – no ring

July 12 – no ring *Two things that made me sad (within Post Title)

July 14 – Billy's company picnic, paddleboat ride – no ring

July 16 – Cousin Arrived

July 17 – I don't understand this at all (within Post Title)

July 18 – I found something I didn't like (Post Title)

July 21 – Group dinner – no ring

JUly 22 – Mer dinner at her aunts house (I don't think Grandma's visit had anything to do with this – just timing)

July 23 – Left for Utah (I believe she mentioned that her cousin dropped her off at Airport)

July 24 – 'Mom tried to console me' (within Post Title)

July 27 – My True Love. (Post Title)

July 31 – Filed for divorce

**And now I feel dirty having looked that all up. Back to chair

August 15, 2013
11:23 am
lurkylurk
Cat
Meows: 40
Snarking Since:
May 31, 2013

VanillaSky35 said

Brooke80 said

succulents said

VanillaSky35 said
Didn't Billy have a gay bff that came over to visit recently? I can't seem to find any mention of him on the blog. I seem to recall that he had a style blog himself. Danged if I can remember any of the details.

There was one friend, James, that they went to the Fizzary with in SF (post)… he works on a style blog called DripCult and instagram says he moved to SF a month ago…

How do you know he is gay? I can't picture Janae adding that detail!

Thank you for finding this, I was beginning to think I had imagined it or it was someone else. I'm pretty sure she mentioned he was gay? If I'm mistaken I'm sorry! Don't want to make something up, I just had thought that somehow.

I don't really think it's fair to be speculating about this with pictures and everything. And I can't even see anything that says he is gay? If I had a friend that got divorced and the internetz started speculating that we had a lesbian affair I would be pretty pissed. I tend to think he did cheat or something just due to the abruptness of it all, but it's a pretty big jump to speculate that it was with his best friend from elementary school. Anyway, it's sad sad sad all around. And I don't think she tried for years to make it look like a happy marriage when it wasn't, she seems pretty genuine to me.

August 15, 2013
11:38 am
Lane2664
Kitten
Snarking Since:
August 14, 2013

anadyne said

Happier Than a HLB said
This might be a stretch but I just can't help but imagine this post had shit not gone down with Billy. Can you imagine the excited, crazy, happy Janae writing a first birthday post?? I think some of the same lines would be there, but hot damn is that a bittersweet post. So sad to read :(

Yep, she'd probably be exactly as excited as she is while eating a donut. Or ice cream. Or painting her nails.

And ugh ugh ugh with the "my baby is my best friend and we are equally emotionally dependent on each other!"  I hope she can grow up and become a more emotionally solid mom post-divorce. And I do hope she and Billy can be an amicable and involved set of coparents together.

At least for me – your first child really does feel like your best friend, especially when you are with them 24hrs a day. I have felt the same way about my oldest when he was in his toddler years. Don't see this as immature or needy at all. Just truely in love being a parent and loving everything about her child.

August 15, 2013
11:41 am
Let's get franziaed
Cat
Meows: 20
Snarking Since:
December 10, 2011

Lane2664 said

From the front page information on Janae's 'missing ring' – they dated it as last seen from July 29.

However through some sleuthing at pictures and post titles, I have found the remaining. (It has been apparently noted that she only took her ring off for swimming, not running previously. The 4th of July run indicates this statement as true. *She was wearing her ring)

This appears to outline ~5-6 wks where things started going south to ending. From my point of view – this is still a 'sudden' event.

Wow, I totally believe your timeline. I'm still not 100% sold on her using post titles as code, but I definitely buy it more after reading your comment. 

I'm now going to take it to a whole other pyscho level: how does her hair fit into this? Instead of her usual curled hair with bangs, she was wearing it straight down the middle w/o bangs for various parts of the 5-6 weeks you outlined. The hairstyle itself seemed weird and not flattering and very different for her (she's had the curled ends thing for the entire HRG run, as far as I know), and it definitely stuck out to me as an HRG reader. Does anyone else think it might play into this whole thing (she was too upset to fix her hair?) or have I totally gone off the HRG conspiracy theory deep end?embarrassed

August 15, 2013
11:45 am
under a smallpox moon
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2344
Snarking Since:
August 20, 2012

SURI said

toohottorun said

The birthday post was a bit sad. Must be really emotional for her.

She said the celebrations would be with her, her mother and sister. Wonder if that's her way of saying Billy isn't coming over, or if he is and she's just not mentioning it.

I wonder if he'd want to or just doesn't care.

It is kinda sad. This is the first time I've felt bad for Billy. It had to be hard for him and his family not to see her on her 1st birthday.

I've actually thought about that before. I kind of feel sorry for Billy, and all other divorced-blog dads, there must be a ting of pain knowing that you're missing out on a lot of day to day activities, and knowing that you can see it with a twice daily updated (pre-divorce, she's not as frequent right now) blog. It's kind of sad.

I'm very curious about what's going to go down as far as custody and visitation are concerned, but I do respect Janea for understanding that her blog is not the place to address those issues. I'm sure as time goes on we'll get "Well, Brooke is off to her dad's this weekend" lines here and there.

ETA: Let's Get Franziaed, I've definitely noticed a change in her hair style. I actually got caught up with work and stopped reading her blog regularly around mid-June, and then BAM I got sucked into the separation/divorce speculation and the first thing I noticed was that her hair was flat.

Formerly Inspired Eyebrows
August 15, 2013
12:12 pm
Bloggeddown
Senior Cat
Meows: 128
Snarking Since:
June 28, 2012

Darn thing won't let me quote but Let's Get Franziaed, I just figured it was break-up hair.

August 15, 2013
12:37 pm
Psycho Hose Beast

Lane2664 said

sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2

August 15, 2013
1:13 pm
anadyne
LOLCat
Meows: 53
Snarking Since:
May 27, 2013

Lane2664 said

anadyne said

Happier Than a HLB said
This might be a stretch but I just can't help but imagine this post had shit not gone down with Billy. Can you imagine the excited, crazy, happy Janae writing a first birthday post?? I think some of the same lines would be there, but hot damn is that a bittersweet post. So sad to read :(

Yep, she'd probably be exactly as excited as she is while eating a donut. Or ice cream. Or painting her nails.

And ugh ugh ugh with the "my baby is my best friend and we are equally emotionally dependent on each other!"  I hope she can grow up and become a more emotionally solid mom post-divorce. And I do hope she and Billy can be an amicable and involved set of coparents together.

At least for me – your first child really does feel like your best friend, especially when you are with them 24hrs a day. I have felt the same way about my oldest when he was in his toddler years. Don't see this as immature or needy at all. Just truely in love being a parent and loving everything about her child.

I'm a mother as well, but to me a friendship is a relationship of equals, and a parent/child relationship isn't peer based or power-equal. I truly love being a parent and everything about my child, no less so because I do not consider her my social and emotional/intellectual peer. I love my friends, too, and I rely on the balance of our relationship to fill very normal companionship needs in my life that cannot be filled by a baby. At least in my world, a baby is one type of companionship and love, and a "best friend" is another, very different type of companionship and love.

To me this is more of HRG's "all things are equal" flatness. Baby = friend = sprinkles on ice cream for fulfilling emotional needs.  As I've said before, I don't honestly believe she's this shallow and vapid in her real life. I think her mindless immaturity is her blog "schtick" and she (I'm guessing, I'm hoping) is a much more mature, intelligent and dimensional person in the life she understandably conceals from her readers.

August 15, 2013
1:36 pm
Jawn&Shurry4eva
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1092
Snarking Since:
January 13, 2013

Miss Fancy Oats said

Lane2664 said

I'm not buying it. In a July 15th post, she said "(only NINE work days left….I am so ready to have a husband again during the week:)"  when talking about his internship being over. I think she was truly blindsided by whatever she filed for divorce over. 

August 15, 2013
1:43 pm
The Luxury of Hermans
Senior Cat
Meows: 257
Snarking Since:
April 8, 2013

Her "About Me" page is down at the moment. I wonder if she is re-tooling it in light of the divorce, or maybe it's just my computer.

I really feel for her… she is handling it so well, it seems. Strong person. 

August 15, 2013
1:48 pm
Bloggeddown
Senior Cat
Meows: 128
Snarking Since:
June 28, 2012

Kitten said

Miss Fancy Oats said

Lane2664 said

I'm not buying it. In a July 15th post, she said "(only NINE work days left….I am so ready to have a husband again during the week:)"  when talking about his internship being over. I think she was truly blindsided by whatever she filed for divorce over. 

Could be a combo of both. Maybe they were having *some* problems and she felt they were on the road to recovery and therefore looking forward to spending time together after the 9 days. Then perhaps something happened that compounded or finalized what was already there, and that part was sudden.

August 15, 2013
1:59 pm
oy with the poodles already!
Senior Cat
Meows: 149
Snarking Since:
May 14, 2012

Bloggeddown said

Kitten said

Miss Fancy Oats said

Lane2664 said

Could be a combo of both. Maybe they were having *some* problems and she felt they were on the road to recovery and therefore looking forward to spending time together after the 9 days. Then perhaps something happened that compounded or finalized what was already there, and that part was sudden.

I agree with this…I think Janae is a lot 'deeper' than people give her credit for (due to the writing style she chooses) and it would not surprise me at ALL if she kind of used titles of posts as a code.  But yeah…I think she had suspicions and either confronted him about it and he said he'd stop, etc. but then she found out he hadn't and that was it…something along those lines. 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or Get Off My Internets. Get Off My Internets makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Click here for GOMI's Comment Policy.