Rockstar Diaries / Love Taza
September 6, 2012
4:26 pm
ramonarickettes

Some Mormons don't drink soda. Nie's grandmother calls it "Black Death" which really cracks me up. I think it's amazing that they don't drink tea. 

I agree that the room is really nice but the way it's decorated is just meh. I think she did it because she doesn't know what else to post right now. I noticed that she had the book turned the right way in the first shot and then turned the wrong way in the second shot. I thought maybe it was written in English and French and double sided, but it's just turned around. 

September 6, 2012
5:00 pm

ramonarickettes said
Some Mormons don't drink soda. Nie's grandmother calls it "Black Death" which really cracks me up. I think it's amazing that they don't drink tea. 

I agree that the room is really nice but the way it's decorated is just meh. I think she did it because she doesn't know what else to post right now. I noticed that she had the book turned the right way in the first shot and then turned the wrong way in the second shot. I thought maybe it was written in English and French and double sided, but it's just turned around. 

Definitely no reading of French books going on in the Davis home.

ah, i know! i've written it whallah since a kid! i don't speak french, so…. ;)

September 6, 2012
5:20 pm
vintage people & fair aisle sweaters
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3780
Snarking Since:
June 24, 2012

Rhea said

but it's a "room tour". usually people only do those when they're proud of the decorating or some diy. there's nothing going on here. i didn't notice that she got the crib for free.

as for the wording "generously gifted", it's funny how when joanna goddard says something like that people say she's phoney but when naomi does it, she gets a pass. they weren't being generous, they saw your kids as more dollar signs for their company.

Yeah, I see what you mean by "room tour." But this is Naomi, her sycophants ate it up and that's what matters.

It might just be a matter of taste. I like rooms that look lived in, not like they came right out of the Pottery Barn Catalog.

I agree with you about the flak Joanna gets for shilling crap out.

September 6, 2012
5:49 pm
Professional Selfie Taker
Senior Cat
Meows: 128
Snarking Since:
April 20, 2012

backslap said

BFCC said

backslap said

And for the coffee, I've been tagged in countless "Off to get coffee" posts and I despise coffee. Is it the caffeine in coffee that makes it bad? You'd think the slave labor used to harvest cocoa beans (and coffee beans, for that matter) would be more of an issue than caffeine.

Edit: I'm a dumbass. Chocolate has caffeine in it too, hopefully a Mormon reader can tell me why coffee is bad.

Yeah it's the excessive amount of caffeine that the church feels is bad for your body

Thank you.

Are Mormons allowed to drink decaf? I've heard from some coffee drinking friends that decaf can actually be worse for the body because of the process it takes to decaffeinate the beans.

I'm really fascinated by Mormonism, it's like no other religion I've seen. I don't quite know how I feel about it.

Backslap:  Nope, no decaf.  If you want to know more on the subject, I found these posts (from a blog that is not affiliated with the LDS Church) which can shed some light:

http://middle-agedmormonman.blogspot.com/2012/09/wofw-what-was-he-thinking.html

followed by

http://middle-agedmormonman.blogspot.com/2012/09/wow-tying-up-loose-ends.html

They're somewhat lengthy, but I found them to be very informative and great at clarifying common misconceptions about the subject. wink

September 6, 2012
6:07 pm
guestmom
Cat
Meows: 18
Snarking Since:
June 22, 2012

She did the room tour in an effort to be discreet in posting that Bloom gave them a free crib.  I'm sure in exchange for giving them a crib for free(which is not cheap), she was to write a post about it.  With her Sweet Green sponsored post about the lemonade, she should say clearly that "this is a sponsored post, I was paid a xx compensation to write this post.", or she could be fined.  

FTC rule is that "Bloggers who receive cash or in-kind payment (including free products or services for review) are deemed endorsers and so must disclose material connections they share with the seller of the product or service."

She obviously has gotten free stuff from sponsors and others such as her crib, compensation for Sweet Green video and the lemonade, salad posts, possibly Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag, Shoemint shoes, Madewell clothes, Brahmin handbag, etc, but she does not disclose them openly.  That is very dishonest in my opinion.

September 6, 2012
11:38 pm
glasscaseofemotion
Senior Cat
Meows: 465
Snarking Since:
April 17, 2012

blondeambition said

backslap said

brownie said
I thought the room was pretty obviously staged to some extent, even if the intent was to style it so it looked "lived in" and messy. The Little Prince was turned withies spine against the wall, ffs. The only reason to do that is to display the cover. People who like or use their books typically don't store books like that because it is completely impractical.

Good eye! I didn't even catch that.

The only thing I really noticed was the lack of mat to protect the floors, my heart breaks a little each time I see someone post something destructive to hardwood flooring. Hopefully she'll put something down. Little kids can be damaging for hardwood.

not only that, but i'm pretty sure almost every single apartment complex in NYC has an "80% carpet" rule (usually specified in the lease) in order to limit noise transfer between apartments.  i would HATE to live below them and hear all of that noise coming from upstairs.

I would hate to live in a carpeted room, yuck. 

Carpeted as in the apartment complex carpets, not nice expensive silk woven carpets or whatever

September 7, 2012
12:36 am
daisydaisy

ijustbluemyself said

blondeambition said

backslap said

brownie said
I thought the room was pretty obviously staged to some extent, even if the intent was to style it so it looked "lived in" and messy. The Little Prince was turned withies spine against the wall, ffs. The only reason to do that is to display the cover. People who like or use their books typically don't store books like that because it is completely impractical.

The only thing I really noticed was the lack of mat to protect the floors, my heart breaks a little each time I see someone post something destructive to hardwood flooring. Hopefully she'll put something down. Little kids can be damaging for hardwood.

not only that, but i'm pretty sure almost every single apartment complex in NYC has an "80% carpet" rule (usually specified in the lease) in order to limit noise transfer between apartments.  i would HATE to live below them and hear all of that noise coming from upstairs.

Carpeted as in the apartment complex carpets, not nice expensive silk woven carpets or whatever

My NYC lease doesn't have that rule, and I'm glad. Carpets aggravate my husband's allergies.

September 7, 2012
12:58 am
Lindsay Weir
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3030
Snarking Since:
December 5, 2011

ijustbluemyself said

blondeambition said

backslap said

brownie said

Ha. That's funny. I hate hardwoods. I love the look of them, but can't stand living with them.

September 7, 2012
12:58 am
bitch_please
Cat
Meows: 40
Snarking Since:
April 17, 2012

Regina Phalange said
Eleanor and Samson's nursery is lovely. So bright and colourful. And I guess that means they have a two-bedroom apartment. Which is good because I've never been able to figure out how couples manage sexy-time when they're co-sleeping or have the crib in the room with them.

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but the bedroom isn't the only place for sexy-time when couples co-sleep. Some of the best sex the huscat and I have had was outside of the bedroom and for this reason. 

September 7, 2012
1:35 am
Regina Phalange
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1129
Snarking Since:
March 19, 2012

bitch_please said

Regina Phalange said
Eleanor and Samson's nursery is lovely. So bright and colourful. And I guess that means they have a two-bedroom apartment. Which is good because I've never been able to figure out how couples manage sexy-time when they're co-sleeping or have the crib in the room with them.

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but the bedroom isn't the only place for sexy-time when couples co-sleep. Some of the best sex the huscat and I have had was outside of the bedroom and for this reason. 

It hadn't been, so thanks. I guess when there's someone else in the bed, it forces you to be a bit more creative.

September 7, 2012
7:52 am
firthyxo
Cat
Meows: 32
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

I feel really dirty, but all I want after reading that post… is a Bloom crib.

September 7, 2012
9:46 am
KittenMcGee
Kitten
Meows: 6
Snarking Since:
September 1, 2012

firthyxo said

I feel really dirty, but all I want after reading that post… is a Bloom crib.

I'm ashamed of myself, but me too.

September 7, 2012
10:48 am
ham goggles
Senior Cat
Meows: 199
Snarking Since:
February 2, 2012

blondeambition said

backslap said

brownie said

You guys can snark on anything. In the many NYC apartments I've lived in/seen, I've never known that rule to be enforced or known anyone who actually follows it. Additionally, to the person who mentioned "a lack of mat to protect the floors", hardwood floors are in every apartment in NYC—it's not like they're a special or luxury addition like they are in other home markets. They're durable, especially because the floors in the pre-war buildings aren't soft wood or laminate. 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or Get Off My Internets. Get Off My Internets makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Click here for GOMI's Comment Policy.