Brooklyn, NY
catministrator
Meows: 8837
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

I Feel Like Margaret Mead said

Tom Servo said

Has someone started a "Blogging Conferences" thread yet, or should I make one in the Blogger Talk forum? I think it's a really interesting subject. 

I actually hope that Partypants will make a Blogging Conferences forum so that each conference could have its own thread. Barring that, though, yeah. A thread for all blogging conferences would be great.

Done!

http://getoffmyinternets.net/forums/blogger-talk/blogger-talk-1/

DANG I didn't see this before I created the Blogger Conferences forum. I moved your topic there if that's ok.

May 7, 2013
6:41 pm
JalamityCane

partypants said

Tom Servo saidto tell

Has someone started a "Blogging Conferences" thread yet, or should I make one in the Blogger Talk forum? I think it's a really interesting subject. 

I actually hope that Partypants will make a Blogging Conferences forum so that each conference could have its own thread. Barring that, though, yeah. A thread for all blogging conferences would be great.

http://getoffmyinternets.net/forums/blogger-talk/

Enjoy.

Yay! Thank you! Boy, do I have stories to tell…

May 7, 2013
6:45 pm
JackieVoyeur
Senior Cat
Meows: 120
Snarking Since:
February 5, 2013

Ummm, the internetz broke my comment but it was a big old thank you to partypants for the new conference forum!

May 7, 2013
6:46 pm
Tom Servo
Cat
Meows: 42
Snarking Since:
January 2, 2013

Thanks, Partypants and I feel Like Margaret Mead!

May 7, 2013
6:56 pm
liverty5
LOLCat
Meows: 78
Snarking Since:
November 28, 2012

partypants said

Tom Servo said

Enjoy.

PP, you just MADE. MY. DAY.  I know what I'm doing tonight!!  (My life, it is so exciting.)

May 7, 2013
7:06 pm
Mustache Slurpee
Senior Cat
Meows: 168
Snarking Since:
October 29, 2012

liverty5 said

JalamityCane said
I see Cecily is planning ahead again:

There's an app for finding hotels on a road trip, right? What's it called?

It's called reading billboards and those blue signs on the side of the fucking road.  FFS.

Not only that, isn't it hella expensive to waltz in and ask for a room for the night?  I'm 20 and cheap and planning my own roadtrip from Atlanta to Seattle–I'll be booking rooms way in advance to save $$.  Why wouldn't Cecily do something like that?  A 6.5 year old is old enough to be stuffed in the car for hours and told to be quiet, especially since Cecily and Charlie don't object to her having extended screen time.  So why the lack of planning? sangry

May 7, 2013
7:32 pm
Nutella Enchiladas
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 527
Snarking Since:
January 26, 2013

partypants said

Tom Servo said

Enjoy.

YAY! 

May 7, 2013
8:06 pm
LucilleOne
Senior Cat
Meows: 138
Snarking Since:
October 10, 2012

Took under 3hrs to get from Philly to DC. Then we got stuck in traffic. For three hours.

So … they left at 3 p.m. What? Was she TRYING to hit DC at rush hour? She couldn't plan this entire trip better if she tried. But, of course, who plans!?

Sorry, chica. Got no sympathy for your traffic woes. Next time pack the night before, get out of bed before noon and follow the preset itinerary you spent some time putting together. #nopesorrynoappsubsitutesforbeinganadult

May 7, 2013
8:15 pm
greek yogurt
hubris and red bull
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1590
Snarking Since:
February 17, 2012

LucilleOne said

Took under 3hrs to get from Philly to DC. Then we got stuck in traffic. For three hours.

So … they left at 3 p.m. What? Was she TRYING to hit DC at rush hour? She couldn't plan this entire trip better if she tried. But, of course, who plans!?

Sorry, chica. Got no sympathy for your traffic woes. Next time pack the night before, get out of bed before noon and follow the preset itinerary you spent some time putting together. #nopesorrynoappsubsitutesforbeinganadult

No sympathy from me, either! The Baltimore-DC area is notorious for its hellish traffic. Cess and O'No should've timed their trip to hit DC around 10 a.m. to avoid rush hour as well as lunch rush, but artistes don't plan ahead! Only mindless drones do!

May 7, 2013
8:26 pm
unikorn woo
Planet Claire
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 6347
Snarking Since:
June 14, 2012

Big traffic at DC
Who knew
NOT FUCKING SAFE

May 7, 2013
8:27 pm
Mustache Slurpee
Senior Cat
Meows: 168
Snarking Since:
October 29, 2012

Sandy Snatch said

LucilleOne said

No sympathy from me, either! The Baltimore-DC area is notorious for its hellish traffic. Cess and O'No should've timed their trip to hit DC around 10 a.m. to avoid rush hour as well as lunch rush, but artistes don't plan ahead! Only mindless drones do!

Yeah, I grew up in Annapolis.  My mom refused to run errands from 3-7pm if she could avoid it.  It's that bad.  God, these incompetent fucknuts.

ETA: Leaving Philly so as to arrive in DC by 10?  That would require…getting up early.  And packing.  Hahahahaha.  Ha. finger

May 7, 2013
8:29 pm
unikorn woo
Planet Claire
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 6347
Snarking Since:
June 14, 2012

Myriad internet trip planning tools
Professionally deployed
NOT FUCKING BADASS

May 7, 2013
8:38 pm
Dslo
Cat
Meows: 25
Snarking Since:
May 12, 2012

The fact that she did not book a hotel ahead of time while traveling with a small child just blows my mind. If you're childless and want to be a lazy asshole, go for it.  But when you have a child, one would think that you want to know ahead of time that you have a safe and clean place for your child to sleep.  What an asswipe.

Someone commented on her FB post with a list of the bed-bug hotel registry and I LOL'd.  She would probably welcome a bed bug infestation if she could get the bed bug pesticide to sponsor a trip for her.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or Get Off My Internets. Get Off My Internets makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Click here for GOMI's Comment Policy.