August 21, 2013
2:12 pm
hellotampon
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 696
Snarking Since:
August 3, 2012

elvis is my hero said
This thread turned out different than I expected…

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/major-post-wedding-drama#axzz2ccK9Nejt

OP seems more upset about the fact that her groom abandoned her on the night of the wedding than the fact that he did drugs. I get that, I would be seriously pissed if my hubby ditched me on our weddig night, but I would be even more pissed and alarmed if he did drugs. Seriously. Most of the bees seem alarminly nonplussed by the drugs also. Maybe I am über conservative.

That thread is a mess! I haven't read the whole thing, but I read far enough to see that the OP keeps drafting emails to the other couple. I don't think she should have emailed either one of them in the first place, considering the 2 men appeared to have settled things on their own. It seems like she's still mad at her husband and the way things turned out, so she's dealing with it by lashing out at the other couple. It's like, okay, you can't complain about the drama while continuing to stir the pot; fucking drop it already!

My reaction to the situation was completely different from yours though. I would really pissed off about being ditched, but not about the drugs. I was actually surprised at how many people said they would rip up the marriage license because of the drugs. They sound like prudes to me.

August 21, 2013
2:20 pm
KAS
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 5643
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

If not wanting anyone to do cocaine at your wedding, then I'm a prude.  And the groom, the best man, and then his wife getting all pissy and defensive?  What a horrendous group of people.  I'd be most pissed about my husband wanting people like that in his life; I'd question if he was the guy I thought he was (unless I was just in denial, which I think is highly likely- surely you would know if your husband is a fan of cocaine?).

August 21, 2013
4:30 pm
Ham Attack
Cat
Meows: 47
Snarking Since:
October 17, 2012

Miss Wellies' latest post:

"Lastly, I wasn’t crazy about having our reception just feet away from our  ceremony. The idea of passing tables and chairs as I walked down the aisle  didn’t fit with the romantic image I had in my head."

WHAT RECEPTION YOU ARE ELOPING WTF IS THIS confusedconfused

August 21, 2013
4:33 pm
hellotampon
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
August 3, 2012

The husband and the best man did not get all pissy and defensive at first. They seem to have handled the situation gracefully. The best man's wife got pissy and defensive after she found out about the scolding her husband received from the OP and now the OP is all pissy and defensive about that even though she essentially did the same thing. 

If my SO was doing coke all the time I would be upset. But one night, when someone else paid for it? I don't care. I would definitely be way more pissed about being blown off. 

August 21, 2013
4:43 pm
hellotampon
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
August 3, 2012

Oh and this thread, seriously? I can't believe the sister-in-law's behavior:

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/wedding-drama-5#axzz2cd3SY3eN 

August 21, 2013
8:17 pm
Atavan Halen
Senior Cat
Meows: 134
Snarking Since:
May 18, 2012

Ham Attack said

"Lastly, I wasn’t crazy about having our reception just feet away from our  ceremony. The idea of passing tables and chairs as I walked down the aisle  didn’t fit with the romantic image I had in my head."

I just don't understand her hangups about having a wedding with actual friends and family there. People will come to see you get married whether is a wednesday, saturday night, or sunday  sangryangry

August 22, 2013
8:47 am
snarkosaurus_rex
Senior Cat
Meows: 177
Snarking Since:
January 3, 2013

Ham Attack said

I'm kind of surprised by Blue Whale's comment, because aren't the Blogger Bees are supposed to have each others backs like some kind of puppies + glitter sisterhood? I can totally understand BW's confusion, there is no reception. NEWS FLASH MISS WELLIES, THERE IS NO RECEPTION. YOU ARE ELOPING!!!  

I thought she was a little odd wanting to elope and having a full color scheme, but a complete venue and reception too??  Next she'll be saying "well, after renting out the venue I decided what was next on my list was to tackle DIY invites for my photographers!"  confuused

August 22, 2013
2:39 pm
Mormon Rumspringa
Senior Cat
Meows: 200
Snarking Since:
October 19, 2012

snarkosaurus_rex said

Ham Attack said

I'm kind of surprised by Blue Whale's comment, because aren't the Blogger Bees are supposed to have each others backs like some kind of puppies + glitter sisterhood? I can totally understand BW's confusion, there is no reception. NEWS FLASH MISS WELLIES, THERE IS NO RECEPTION. YOU ARE ELOPING!!!  

I thought she was a little odd wanting to elope and having a full color scheme, but a complete venue and reception too??  Next she'll be saying "well, after renting out the venue I decided what was next on my list was to tackle DIY invites for my photographers!"  confuused

"After deciding to elope, I needed to come up with a creative way to tell the women who would have been my bridesmaids that they weren't going to be my bridesmaids. I had glitter-filled wellies delivered to their homes with an acrostic poem that provided scavenger hunt clues. After the girls rounded up all the answers, they would know we were eloping!" 

August 22, 2013
2:45 pm
KAS
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 5643
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

Mrs Catlady 2U said

Ham Attack said

I just don't understand her hangups about having a wedding with actual friends and family there. People will come to see you get married whether is a wednesday, saturday night, or sunday  sangryangry

On the upside, she seems like such a weirdo the ceremony would probably be horrendous?  At least the guests get to enjoy the food & booze.

August 22, 2013
3:01 pm
Terrifying Buttercream Predator
Senior Cat
Meows: 127
Snarking Since:
December 7, 2012

Miss Wellies doesn't want friends or family but is content to sit down to dinner with the photographers and videographer? Something about her reminds me the Bee who had the Disney Princess bridesmaid dress fiasco.

I really want to comment on the "Gatsby" thread that a great element to add to a Gatsby themed wedding would be a dead body in the highway, but I don't think that would be well-received.

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/gatsby-theme#axzz2cj47bj6q

August 22, 2013
3:06 pm
Snarky Librarian
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1419
Snarking Since:
October 27, 2011

Haha I had a comment moderated on Style Me Pretty and got a bitchy email from their social media rep back in the spring when they were posting all of those Gatsby themed weddings. My comment was something like "Nothing says romance like a book about adultery and manslaughter"….apparently that is not the "tone" they go for. 

August 22, 2013
3:30 pm
chocolatepuddin
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 699
Snarking Since:
November 17, 2011

Mormon Rumspringa said

snarkosaurus_rex said

Ham Attack said

"After deciding to elope, I needed to come up with a creative way to tell the women who would have been my bridesmaids that they weren't going to be my bridesmaids. I had glitter-filled wellies delivered to their homes with an acrostic poem that provided scavenger hunt clues. After the girls rounded up all the answers, they would know we were eloping!" 

sfun_deadhorse, I know, but isn't the very meaning of the word "reception" something along the lines of…receiving guests. Like, if you don't have people there, then it's just dinner.

I can see "eloping" or whatever Miss W's situation is with a photographer – you still want pictures – but two photographers AND two videographers? That's so far from intimate. What are they going to do while Mr & Mrs W are eating at their OMGbarn? Just stand there and watch them? Soooo strange.

August 22, 2013
4:04 pm
sunyourbuns
Senior Cat
Meows: 283
Snarking Since:
December 3, 2012

Snarky Librarian said

Haha I had a comment moderated on Style Me Pretty and got a bitchy email from their social media rep back in the spring when they were posting all of those Gatsby themed weddings. My comment was something like "Nothing says romance like a book about adultery and manslaughter"….apparently that is not the "tone" they go for. 

Hahaha you should frame that. I don't get why people glamorize that book (or the Kennedys on a completely unrelated note). Have people not read the book? Are they not aware of what the message of the work was? If you want to have a 1920s themed wedding, go for it, but I always cringe when I hear people talk about their Gatsby themed wedding.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or Get Off My Internets. Get Off My Internets makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Click here for GOMI's Comment Policy.