Types of comments we will delete:
- If you post the phone numbers, addresses, or employment information of a commenter or topic, or instructions on how to find such information, the information will be redacted on request. GOMIers please note that if you publicly post anything about yourself that would help someone google your identity, I can not be held responsible. Think before you post anything that could lead back to your real name if you want to remain anonymous. If you continue posting such information your account will be deleted.
- If you attempt to organize or participate in campaigns to interfere with anyone’s actual life (by emailing sponsors/companies or attempting to get authorities involved, etc etc) your comments will be removed on notification and if you continue to use GOMI for that purpose after being told to stop your account will be locked. And don’t go do those things or comment on their blog and come brag about it on GOMI either. GOMI is not a vigilante group and we neither condone nor tolerate people using GOMI for such purposes. Keep it to commentary.
- If you threaten physical harm, mention stalking, contacting a blogger, or otherwise creep on bloggers discussed on GOMI or another GOMI commenter your comment will be deleted.
- If you want to advertise on GOMI please go to our “Advertise” page and purchase ad space. Don’t try to use our traffic as free advertising to pimp your blog, your kickstarter, your charity drive, or your online store unless given express permission by GOMI in specified threads. If you post a link pimping your crap the post will be removed and your account will be immediately deleted. No exceptions. It’s not my problem if you “didn’t know” – you should’ve read the comment policy.
- If you start threads in order to whip up drama because you are butthurt over another GOMIer, the thread will be deleted. If you continue attempting to goad and incite, you’ll be blocked from posting. I do not have time for inter-ham drama, and there is no reason for it to clog up the forum. Nobody else cares about your grudge match. If you have an issue with a GOMIer take it to Private Message or go to your account settings and block them.
- Leave minor children out of it. I don’t care if they have a blog or a youtube or wtfever. You start a discussion about a minor and I am notified of it, it will be deleted.
- Do not copy entire posts from blogs to paste into the forum. Or any other content in its entirety for that matter. I know you don’t want to give people pageviews but please confine it to sharing only the excerpt that you wish you give commentary on. If you don’t want to give them a pageview just link to a google cached version of the url or something.
- If you want to smear private shit about some blogger’s sister/parents/ex-boyfriend/accountant/ex-boss/parole officer/whoever for no apparent reason, please go elsewhere. GOMI is not your personal Burn Book: Scorched Earth Edition, where you can drag in every person some blogger has ever known in order to advance your agenda. It’s for discussing what people put online, publicly. It’s neato deato that you know all about how some blogger’s dad used to run moonshine in the 80′s, and it’s super keen that you know someone who went to high school/college with some instagram idiot 10 years ago and you heard she was totes a beyatch and like not rich at all. Unfortunately GOMI is not the place to blast uninteresting, out of date, private personal info. That’s what Facebook is for. If you simply must share this info with another GOMIer, use the Private Message system.
What kinds of comments we won’t delete:
- Don’t ask us to delete a comment just because it hurt your feelings. We expect you to all be adults and handle your own battles.
- If you are having comment or forum post regret do not bother to email asking for it to be removed. We are not your internet janitor and it is not our job to clean up whatever mess you created with your keyboard. Unless your comment falls under one of the reasons above it will not be deleted. Think about what you are posting before you hit submit, people!
Contact us if:
- If you accidentally post under your real name or gravatar pulls an avatar you wish not exposed to the world, contact us and we will remove your identity from the comment. We encourage you to register to prevent such a thing happening by accident.
- Sometimes things go to spam for some reason. GOMI spam filter will send things with more than 3 urls and anything posted from an anonymizer ip to spam. If you post a comment and it doesn’t show, contact us and we will go approve it unless it violates any policy above.
For information on our DMCA Compliance Policy please click here.